CapitaCommercial Trust (C61U)

I was so preoccupied with playing TradeHero yesterday. It's so much fun buying stocks using fake money. I bought a couple of stocks that I don't currently own in my portfolio. Some which I probably won't be able to afford anyway or shouldn't buy as I won't be able to deal with the foreign exchange differences. I'm currently down 0.81% which is totally expected since I can't read charts and probably didn't get the entry point right. I would share about my portfolio picks later on in another post.

Source: CCT website

Previously, I mentioned that I was barred from buying CCT due to my job but I was eyeing it since October 2013. Simply because their new office building CapitaGreen was built right opposite my office which translates to more revenue for them and would more than likely push up the stock price. It means a lot of visibility to me as I get affected by the dust and noise. It also piques my interest in this building and that's how I get ideas on stock picks.

Back in December 2013, the price was at 1.39 and frankly since October 2013, the price was like a roller coaster. But it has been climbing for a while since February 2014 and now it's at 1.665. Funny thing was that I left my job in January so technically I could have bought this stock and made a bundle!!! Recently I read that CCT owns 40% of CapitaGreen and they could potentially buy over the remaining 60% from CapitaLand and other partners between 2015 to 2017. If they do buy over, it can only boost the stock price. But I am also thinking of the new Tanjong Pagar Centre that Guocoland is building which would impact Capital Tower and Twenty Anson that is held by CCT.

I am keeping this on my watch list as I'm on the fence about purchasing it now. Not when the stock price has been climbing for the past 7 months. I feel that I have missed the boat in a way but would buy this in a flash if the price drops to the range of 1.50 ++.  My target price to offload this would be when it's at least 1.80++.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two stocks

FIRE

Losing 10% of your net worth